Higher School of Experimental Sciences and Technology
The GIQA-Photoreactors group works on the research of photoactivated processes, focused on the water treatment area. In these processes, radiation is absorbed by contaminants or a catalyst, and triggers the desired chemical reaction. Part of optimizing these processes is to ensure that all radiation received is absorbed for effective use of the source, whether solar radiation or an artificial source. The gradients that form the radiation when absorbed cause a heterogeneity in reaction rates that makes it difficult to scale reactors in photoactivated processes. For this reason, the group has been working for some time in modeling and simulating these processes, and developing typistic models with intrinsic parameters that require simulations and scaling of processes.
List of participants
- Professor. Javier Marugán: Professor of the URJC. Principal Investigator of the Project. Areas: kinetic mechanisms, photoactivated processes.
- Professor. José Antonio Calles: Professor of the URJC. Areas: Radiation, Transport phenomena.
- Dr. Cintia Casado: Assistant Professor Doctor. Areas: Kinetic mechanisms, simulation.
- Dr. Cristina Pablos: Assistant Professor Doctor. Areas: Experimental.
- Dr. Miguel Somer: Assistant Professor Doctor. Areas: Simulation, experimental.
- Angela Garcia: PhD student. Areas: Simulation, experimental.
- Sandra Mesones: PhD student. Areas: Experimental.
- José Angel Moreno San Segundo: PhD student. Areas: Simulation, GPU-Computing.
- Alberto Fernández Fernández: Research assistant. Areas: Experimental.
Higher Technical School of Computer Engineering
The CAPO group specializes in the creation of efficient machine vision and image processing solutions. Within the group’s fields of activity are onboard vision, high-performance processing, GPU computing, 3D vision, deep learning, image processing, heuristic and metaheuristic algorithms, etc. In addition, he has done multiple work in the field of parallelization, optimization, the use of alternative architectures to the CPU, neural networks and is an expert in all the computer technologies that need to be applied in the FOTOCAOS project.
List of participants
- Professor. Antonio Sanz: Professor and Principal Investigator of the High Performance and Optimization Computing Group (CAPO). Areas: GPU-Computing, Parallelization
- Professor. Juan José Pantrigo: Professor. Areas: Metaheuristics and Neural Networks.
- Dr. Alfredo Cuesta: Visiting Professor. Areas: Neural networks.
- Dr. Jesús Sánchez-Oro: Assistant Professor Doctor. Areas: Metaheuristics, Parallelization.
- Raúl Cabido Valladolid: Assistant Professor Doctor. Areas: GPU-Computing, Parallelization.
- David Concha Gómez: PhD student. Areas: GPU-Computing, Parallelization.
- Francisco José García: PhD student. Areas: GPU-Computing.
- Sergio Hernández García: Research assistant. Areas: Neural networks.